First Friends of Dandenong Creek
Working with Melbourne Water, Knox and Maroondah Councils, the EPA and the Port Philip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority, our overall aim is to return our section of the Dandenong Creek to its original condition as far as possible. May be one day we will see the return of the platypus.
Specifically FFDC's aims are to:
- Improve the quality of the water
- Reduce litter
- Control weeds
- Re-establish indigenous flora and fauna in appropriate areas
- Improve recreational facilities and safety along the corridor
- Encourage local community participation in our activities
- Foster an appreciation of the corridor’s history and environmental significance
We gratefully acknowledge the ongoing financial support of Melbourne Water and Knox and Maroondah Councils.